Learn More
Unfiled Tax Returns
We Solve IRS Tax Problems

Having unfiled tax returns can cause many problems and cost you more money through IRS penalties, wage garnishment and even tax liens. It isn’t uncommon for people to need an extension on filing a tax return, but failing to contact the IRS to request an extension can be problematic.

Most unfiled tax returns are the result of missing documents, questions over tax liability calculations, or the inability to pay tax liabilities. In order to prevent having back taxes, it is a good idea to seek help immediately when you think you may not file your tax return on time.

The IRS Can Help

Often, the IRS is willing to grant extensions for you to gather the necessary documents or clarify any questions over calculated tax liability. If you have your documents and know how much you owe, but cannot afford to pay your tax liability, the IRS may be willing to arrange an installment plan for your payments to be made over time. The IRS may accept an offer in compromise if you are experiencing significant financial trouble and cannot afford to pay your debts through the installment plan.

What Do I Do Next?

File your tax return as soon as possible. If you are missing documents or need to take the time to re-calculate your tax liabilities, contact the IRS to request an extension. A qualified tax planner, accountant or tax lawyer can also help you through the process of managing your unfiled tax returns. If you need help paying your tax debts, contact the IRS to review your debt repayment options. Remember that time is crucial, and to avoid penalties you need to act quickly.